Choosing the Perfect Wedding Venue for You
Choosing The Perfect Wedding Venue For You
Few occasions will ever be as memorable as the day you get married. As a result, many couples feel under a lot of pressure to choose the perfect wedding venue. Where do you start looking? What should you prioritise when making your final decision?
If you’re feeling a little daunted by the prospect of choosing the perfect wedding venue, here’s a guide to help you.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Wedding Venue
- Size. Before you start visiting wedding venues, work out approximately how many guests you’ll be inviting. A venue that can only accommodate 50 guests is no good for your 150-person shindig – and likewise, a huge ceremony room will be totally unsuitable for a handful of family and friends!
- Style. Take some time to think about the style of wedding you want. Do you want a rustic affair in the country? Or do you want something that oozes sophistication and creates real impact? If you’re unsure, look at your current lifestyle for inspiration. If you’re a city guy or girl with a love of fine dining and socialising, let this inspire your wedding venue choice. The same applies if you’re more comfortable in wellies and jeans than stilettoes and smart suits!
- Time of year. When do you plan to get married? If you want a summer wedding, you may want to choose a wedding venue that has scenic surroundings (Ayrshire is great for this!). However, if you’re planning to get married in the colder months, you’ll want a venue that boasts a spectacular interior.
- Where will the guests stay? Your wedding should be all about the two of you – but it’s also important to keep your guests’ needs in mind too. This is especially true if they’ve travelled a long way to be with you on your special day. Look for a wedding venue that has comfortable accommodation on-site, or at least a place with hotels and B&B’s nearby.
- How accommodating is the venue? As your wedding is so important, you should expect the wedding venue team to be dedicated to making your day as amazing as possible. When choosing your wedding venue, visit them in person and talk to the wedding coordinator. Do they seem enthusiastic about your wedding? What will they do to make sure it’s an unforgettable day? This is one of those times when it pays to listen to your ‘gut’ response – if you like the wedding venue team, that’s a good sign!
- What’s included? All wedding packages are different. Some will only include ceremony and food, whereas others may offer appealing extras, such as drinks for the guests, canapes, attractive décor, honeymoon suite and a personal Master of Ceremonies. As you visit each wedding venue, jot down what’s included, to find out which one offers the best value for money.
- Is it ‘you’? Above all else, be guided by your instinct. Generally speaking, most brides and grooms-to-be just know when they find their perfect wedding venue. The style, décor and surroundings will immediately resonate with them, making it almost impossible to imagine getting married anywhere else! If you get a warm, fuzzy feeling when choosing a wedding venue, listen to it – after all, it’s your big day, and it should be as magical as possible.
Dumfries Arms – The Perfect Wedding Venue in Ayrshire
Are you trying to choose a great wedding venue in Scotland, and don’t know where to start? Come and visit the Dumfries Arms today! We’re ideally situated only a few miles from the coast, and are within easy reach of Prestwick Airport and Glasgow.
To find out more, simply talk to our friendly team today on 01290 429230.